The MVHS athletic department’s operating fund supports all school sports teams at MVHS. Our football program, however, requires significantly more funding than the school athletic department can allot to it. Therefore, the MVHS football program relies heavily on player family contributions and on fundraising activities to provide necessary additional funding. Financial support from family and community is very important to the quality of our football program.
Parents are asked to pay the costs for spirit packs, team dinners, and individual player transportation costs which is less than a third of the total cost to operate the program each year. We ask for donations through our annual letter writing campaign as well as player participation in other fundraising activities. A large proportion of operating costs are supported through fundraising.
*Senior Night Football Player Form* – 2018 Seniors: Due Wednesday 10/31/18!
Senior Night Football Player Form Please Print Out & Return to Coach Smith
- Football Spirit Pack – Due 6/8/18
- Nike Practice Jersey
- Nike Shorts
- Nike T-Shirt
- Nike Compression T-Shirt
- Game Socks
- Custom Spartan Hood/Pant
- Mouth Guard
* Price difference b/c Varsity has numbers on practice jerseys, Varsity gets 2 pairs of game socks.
Check/Cash- MVHS Football: Payments MVHS Finance Office or for a convenience fee at the Finance Webstore Spirit Pack Icon or with the direct links above each description.
Bring your receipt of payment to Coach Smith/Coach Payne
(Make check out to MVHS Football with player’s name, student ID#, and “Spirit pack” in the memo line)
- Summer Football –Complete and return this Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability Form by May 26, 2017. For new players and incoming freshman, please bring to the parent meeting but no later than the start of Summer Football (6/8/17 Varsity and 6/12/7 JV). There is no school sponsored transportation over the summer; however, parents willing to transport students should obtain District Approval with this MVLA Volunteer Driver Application and a copy of your DMV records available through this DMV Record Request link. Approval is good until your last child graduates from MVHS. Players seeking transportation to Away Competitions must also turn into your Coach this Permission To Be Driven Form. There is no fee assessed for the summer passing competitions or for the summer strength & conditioning camp as the coaches have volunteered their time to train the players and prepare for a successful season. Out of respect for their commitment to the team, please be on time and attend as many practices as possible.
- Sports Physical – Before participation in the first official practice on August 4, 2017, all players must submit their Annual Sports Physical Certification to their coach.
- Team Dinners — $100/season This covers the costs of the 10 pre-game football team dinners. (They are required). Recommended to pay upfront or at least 2 weeks in advance of each dinner. First installment due by August 10, 2017. Pay at the MVHS Finance Office or for a convenience fee at the Finance Webstore
- Transportation Fee*—$100 Offsets a portion of the cost to transport athletes to athletic competitions. All athletes must travel to and from athletic contests in school-provided transportation so this fee is mandatory for all student athletes. This fee due by August 4, 2017 will be collected upon registration for a sport via your online football sign up and registration
- ASB Membership – $35 All student athletes should join and support the ASB (Associated Student Body) and their fundraising activities. The ASB is a student governing body which promotes school spirit and good citizenship, teaches the privileges and responsibilities of self-government and aids in the direction of school activities. In terms of Athletics, the ASB pays for League Fees, the Cost of Officials and organizes certain operational aspects of game days. Also collected upon football registration or you join at back to school orientation or on the Finance Webstore.
* Sports at MVHS cost money and each player is expected to pay his or her share to cover those direct individual costs at the beginning of the season – August 4, 2017. If a student cannot pay this fee, he/she may contact the Athletic Director.
Other contribution opportunities:
Football Fundraisers – Since Football needs outweigh fair share contributions, Football is not requesting participants to donate to both fair share as well as its annual letter writing campaign. Instead funds received through football fundraisers will go directly to the football program to pay for its team equipment, uniforms, and gear. See Fundraising for further details and past results. Each football player has a personal goal to raise at least $500 for the football program. Donate today by sending a check made out to MVHS Football noting the player you are sponsoring in the memo line or donate online at the Finance Webstore. (MVHS Football 3535 Truman Ave. Mountain View, CA 94040)
MVHS Booster Club Membership – Memberships supports all school sports teams as well as each member receives sports passes for free admission to all home non CCS sporting events at the school A Sports Boosters membership will save a family of 4 in football admission alone. Learn more about Sports Boosters. Join today or purchase a Personalized Stadium Chair or tickets to a Sports Boosters Fundraising Event in support of Mountain View Athletics at the Sports Boosters Web Store.
Volunteering – Dollars alone are not enough to make the program run smoothly. Volunteers play a critical role in the success of the program and being involved is a great opportunity to meet your fellow football parents and fans. Check out these Volunteer Opportunities as Player families can contribute significantly by volunteering!
Direct donation to any MVHS sport team as always welcomed.
Gifts of any amount or time are graciously accepted and very much appreciated.